Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday's Light Lunch--Yummy Banana Muffins




I always enjoy reading other people's Meal Plan Mondays. I get many good ideas there! I like to have my meals planned out each week, too, since it saves a lot of time and hassle later in the week. I'll try to start posting menus. For today, I thought I'd share our lunch:


Banana muffins (recipe here) warm out of the oven
Yogurt
Apple slices
Carrot sticks with hummus to dip
Nuts (for those in the family not allergic)


A note on the banana muffins: I have to say that I'm getting older. I can tell by the way I cook. For as long as I can remember I have had very strict rules--dessert and health should not be mixed. For instance, please don't try to put raisins in my cookies or chunks of fruit in my cake. Even oatmeal in the cookies or nuts in the brownies were verboten.


Fast-forward to the present: Banana muffins are a pleasure and I even stuck oatmeal in the cookies a couple weeks back. What's this world coming to?


But please, still, don't mess with my cake...


...or my brownies...


...or the Thanksgiving stuffing.


Maybe I'm still not as grown up as I thought.









No comments:

Post a Comment