Friday, October 29, 2010

A Way to Start the Day

How do you get your school days moving?

In order to just give a little nudge toward getting ready for the day I thought it would be interesting to write notes to the kids on the bathroom mirror with a dry-erase marker. It's something my roommates and I did in college and it was often a way to brighten someone else's day.

Sometimes I will write just a simple message about an event for the day. Sometimes it can be a riddle for them to solve. Anyone who has gotten ready for the day can then eagerly report to me at the breakfast table about what they think the answer is. I can also leave out letters of some words, make a grammatical mistake to be discovered, etc.

As an added bonus, the kids usually want to take a turn.

The down side: I think I may need a bigger mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment