Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Don't Dread Getting Back Into Schoolwork

Whether or not dd6 will be well enough to join us in her schoolwork tomorrow is still questionable at present (see post below). But here is my plan for making the first day back after break fun and not-at-all-dreadful. I wanted to have something special and different for them (and me).


1. We rented a much-anticipated game from Redbox (a small $1+ price to pay for motivation).


2. I broke each of the kids' lessons up into workfolders so that each had certain items to accomplish for the day.


3. For each lesson completed, they will receive one puzzle piece (see picture).





4. When each piece is collected, they will solve the puzzle (written in code, of course, for  my Sherlock and Mr. Watson).


5. The solved code will lead them to the location of the hidden game. Having completed all of their assignments for the day, they can enjoy an afternoon of free time playing it.


6. Can I play, too?







1 comment:

  1. Visiting from the Workboxes group! Love your idea of the puzzle to show the location of their surprise. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete