Sunday, October 16, 2011

When I Have Some Extra Time

I recently heard a recommendation for goodreads.com. It caught my attention and I spent a bit of time poking around there.


It's basically a site where you can create booklists for yourself to read. You can also rate books you've already read and receive recommendations based on what you've enjoyed.


I'd like to get some more free time to really try out this site. Oh, to curl up with some great books I've been meaning to read!


I've also been wondering whether people have found this to be helpful for their kids. In some ways it seems that it could be a nice motivation to read--create your own list, mark books as "read", write reviews. On the other hand, there are some books on the site I'd rather not have recommended to the kids quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment