Friday, April 6, 2012

Sign of the Beaver and Native Facepaint

I had to share the pictures from one of today's highlights.







We recently finished reading "The Sign of the Beaver" by Elizabeth George Speare. It's a Newberry Honor book set in the 1760's.


My dd6 was unsatisfied with the ending. She would have preferred that the Indians come back to live in Maine instead of moving west. She made a plan to change the ending.


She asked if I could put Indian facepaint on her. (We found a pretty design on YouTube.) She would also make signs so that the Indians felt welcomed back. 


She feels much better about the way things turned out now!



1 comment:

  1. This was one of my favorite books to read when I taught 5th grade. Glad she was able to adjust the ending :) Cute idea to check out native face painting - looks great!

    ReplyDelete